I did this on Facebook and thought I would share with the blogospher
1. At night when I sit in my own living room in my comfy chair completely free of pain, I think of my grandfather in the nursing home who hasn’t sat in his own living room in his comfy chair free of pain in about 4 years and it makes me cry.
2. I tell Wonder Dog my secret dreams/ideas/thoughts that I’ll never admit to anyone. Every time I see those Bush’s Baked Beans commercial, I cringe.
3. Every year on my daughter’s birthday she wakes up to a single pink rose on her nightstand.
4. I have a journal in my nightstand where I write little quotes or advice for my daughter as things in life happen to me and/or her. Sometimes I just write little notes about something she did that made me smile. This will also be on her nightstand on her 18th birthday.
5. I want to own my own bookstore someday but know that with Barnes & Noble and Borders out there it would be very difficult.
6. I once spent 4 hours in a bookstore when my daughter was out of town with my parents.
7. I have the entire series of Gilmore Girls and have tried 8 times to sit down and watch it all the way through. Reality always gets in the way.
8. I can’t sit down and study or relax at night if I know that the kitchen is a mess…even when I can’t see it. It’s some kind of sickness.
9. I have learned to let go of my regrets through meditation.
10. I have moved 32 times, I think. I may have left a couple out.
11. I love snow. It makes me feel like I’ve left the real world.
12. I am learning to play the guitar so I can write songs.
13. I went to a Catholic school in 1st Grade. I am very thankful that it was only one year.
14. I wish someone would have sat down with me in high school and told me to get an English Lit degree and go into Publishing. Reading for a living would be a dream come true. Getting my masters in English Lit is something else that I’m considering, but I think it may be too late to get into that industry. I’ve also considered going to Law school. So as you can see, it’s really up in the air.
15. People don’t seem to believe me when I say that I’m happy being single. They can be very insistent that I would be so much happier if I was in a relationship to the point where they get mad at me (not sure what that is all about). I no longer listen. I now believe that I do know what is best for me, not everyone else.
16. I learned about Buddhism in a Philosophy class about 11 years ago. My professor spoke just a little bit about it but I was intrigued. I did my own research on it and it just made sense to me. The principles are very hard to follow because it’s basically about changing the way you think and act every moment of your life but when I am practicing like Buddha suggested, I feel much better.
It makes me sad that I can’t be more open about it because so many people judge what they don’t know. I wish they would learn just a little bit and then they would see that it’s more a philosophy of life than a religion. Sometimes I wonder if people get it mixed up with Islam when they look at me like there is something wrong with me after finding out I practice Buddhism. Do they think I’m a terrorist?
Right now I don’t have enough time to practice but now is when I really need it. My bad attitude for the last year or so is proof of that. I should probably be reading one of my books by the Dalai Lama instead of doing this. Lol
17. One of the things that I have taught my daughter is to always question everything and never just accept something because someone tells you it’s so. One day she kept asking me questions about something (I don’t even remember what it was I think it was about what temp it had to be for her to go outside and play). I said “stop questioning me and just go upstairs.” On her way up the stairs, she says “well mommy, you’re the one who always tells me to question everything.” I’ve never been so proud of her.
18. My brother and I have never gotten along but when he was younger someone punched him in the stomach and I put the kid in a headlock and punched him in the face. I’m the only one who can punch my brother!
19. When my family tries to remember something in the past we always have to first figure out where we lived at that time.
20. I”m scared to death that I’m going to try to fix something in the new house and it’s going to end up costing me a ton of money to fix what I made worse.
21. I would like to buy a house that is all windows. I love letting the sunshine in. But that wouldn’t be very energy efficient.
22. I no longer trust people until they give me a reason not to. Now I don’t trust people unless they give me a reason to trust them. I hate that.
23. When we were younger, my uncles (on my dad’s side) used to hang my cousins and I by our ankles over the railing at my grandmother’s house.
24. Nothing irritates me more than single mothers who don’t put their children first and portray themselves as a victim as they continue to make bad choice after bad choice. These are the only single mothers that society seems to see.
25. I played soccer all through school but haven’t played in 13 years. I miss it.
26.I would love to have a house full of dogs. Dancing Chick informed me the other day that she would like to have her own dog kennel and grooming business so we may get to have that some day.